Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nicole's one week check in

Remember my friend Nicole from a few posts back? Here's her one week update. She's getting some great results!!

I have noticed some differences since taking the shakes.

I have always been real sensitive to cold and lately I have felt an overall warmness. My feet are still cold at night, but I do notice them being more warm at times. My husband even commented the other night that I felt very warm! Which is great because usually my skin is very cold and I feel cold chills running through me. The only thing that warms me is to sit in the hot car with the heat on, even if it is 80 degrees outside. I have been turning the air conditioner on in my car and I never do that!!!

I haven't had a headache since starting the shakes and I usually notice a lot of headaches in my post ovulatory phase.

The past few days I have been POPPING out of bed. Usually I drag myself out of bed.

I am still feeling a sense of dizziness, but I do believe that the brain fog is not as dense as it used to be. I want to say that the brain fog is only 1/4 of what it used to be. It definately clears up in the afternoon when I am getting a long burst of energy from Noon til bedtime. So much of an improvement because that is when I would usually crash and be out til morning.

Usually in the afternoon about 1pm I am unable to work through the brain fog anymore that I lay on the couch until dinner time. I am noticing that at 1pm my energy is stable and couldn't lay down if I tried.

I used to have mild sugar cravings and I haven't eaten ice cream or anything sweet in the last few days. Not because it wasn't available, but because I really have NO desire for them. I used to eat sugar in hopes that it would make me feel better because the brain fog used to hurt so bad.

I took my niece to the zoo the other day. It was so hot and we were at the zoo for about 4 hours. I got home and cleaned the house, did 3 loads of laundry and made dinner. If anyone knows me they know that I can barely peel me off the couch, especially in the afternoon.

On Saturday night, I slept for 12 hours and since then I have slept for a good solid 8 hours. I normally sleep for 10 hours a night and still unable to wake up refreshed. I have been waking refreshed. A few mornings ago when I woke up at 430 am I was having a hard time falling back to sleep. I had a sense of energy running through me. It wasn't a caffeine shakey high, it was as if I felt my blood cells being refreshed and I ended up just waking up because I had energy to get out of bed..

I am feeling more of an ease through my day and not so much of a dragging to do every little chore.

I can't wait to see how I feel after one month on the shakes!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote this yesterday and I feel better today then I did yesterday! I can't believe it! I really can't!

    I am up dressed, hair done, make up on and ready to go! I just don't have anywhere to go! ;)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete